"Have a chat to a doctor, nutritionist or dietician. We love to chat to people before they get sick rather than it's now an issue."
Katie Woolf spoke with Dr Zac Turner about our bowel movements.
When asked what we should do when we get older, and our body isn't absorbing certain foods, Dr Zac explained "Have a chat to a doctor, nutritionist or dietician. We love to chat to people before they get sick rather than it's now an issue."
What was covered......
- There is no ‘healthy amount’ of trips to the bathroom. The word to live by is consistency. A person who goes three times a day is the same as a person who goes once every two days.
- Take your time on the toilet – it should not be a workout to get it out.
- Certain foods can help regulate your bowel movement cycle such as….
- The Perfect Poo should look like a smooth, or cracked, sausage and should not be lumpy, hard or watery.
- Warning signs to look out for in your toilet bowel…
- Any changes, call your GP to book an appointment, it maybe as simple as changing your diet.
Dr Zac Turner has a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from the University of Sydney. He has worked as a Registered Nurse, both in Australia and internationally and is also a qualified and experienced biomedical scientist
Listen to the full chat here: