Economic Recovery Summit Action Plan
The NT Economic Recovery Summit was held recently and business and Industry leaders have today released action items for Government.
Today Katie Woolf spoke with the Darwin Major Business Group's Ian Kew and CEO of Chamber of Commerce Greg Bicknell
Some of the action items for the Gunner Government are -
- Do Turbo Charging Tourism 2
- Focus to be on viable Tourism Product
*Increase support for proven major festivals and events
*Develop new sustainable festivals and events
*Fast track Tourism Infrastructure including: City Art Gallery, Larrakia Cultural Centre, State Square Redevelopment
- Budget Repair - What the NTG should do now to repair it's Budget*
- Policy and Regulation changes are needed now for Business Investment*
- Deliver on the NTG commitment for On-shore gas exploration drilling to commence July 2019*
- Deliver' game changing' major projects that will benefit Territorians over the long term*
* Further details on action items 2-5 to follow. For a copy of the Communique contact the Chamber of Commerce NT.
You can listen to the full interview below