"It's about putting money back into business and stimulating the economy."
Katie Woolf spoke with Darwin City Council CEO Scott Waters.
City of Darwin is calling for local businesses in the hospitality, retail and tourism sectors to register on the myDarwin digital platform and be part of a $300,000 economic support package.
By participating local businesses will be part of an economic stimulus that encourages customers to purchase goods and services at local participating businesses.
Customers can receive up to $40 worth of discount vouchers daily to spend at registered local business in the retail, hospitality and tourism sectors. Discount vouchers range from $2.50 to $20, with customers required to make a minimum spend in order to redeem the voucher.
Registration for businesses to participate in the myDarwin economic stimulus is straight forward, as is the rebate process for businesses to receive discount reimbursements on a weekly basis.
Discount voucher details for customers:
- Receive $2.50 discount on minimum spend $10
- Receive $5 discount on minimum spend $20
- Receive $10 discount on minimum spend $40
- Receive $20 discount on minimum spend $80
Business eligibility conditions include:
- GST-registered with a valid ABN or ACN.
- An annual turnover less than $10 million.
- Only retail, hospitality and tourism sector businesses with a physical shopfront/venue in the Darwin municipality are eligible to apply.
- Businesses must be operational for over 6 months at the time of registration.
Businesses can register now at: mydarwin.me
Listen to the full chat here: