The Week That Was (14 May 2021)
Katie Woolf's The Week That Was panel included Attorney General Selena Uibo, Independent Robyn Lambley, Minister for Health, Parks and Rangers Member for Namatjira Bill Yan and Sky News Matt Cunningham.
- Legislation changes - Controversial changes aimed at making it harder for young people to get bail have been passed in the Northern Territory with bipartisan support.
- NT Attorney-General Selena Uibo has taken aim at a Greens Federal Senator Lidia Thorpe who incorrectly assumed she was a white male.
- Federal budget - the Federal budget was handed down overnight and it seems there is something for everyone, it certainly looks like a pre-election budget.
- Kakadu - Many people in contact during the week with their concerns about Kakadu.
- Police attrition - Leader of the Opposition, Lia Finocchiaro, says the NT Police Force’s attrition rate has hit crisis point and an urgent investigation by an independent parliamentary committee must be launched to work out why so many officers are leaving – and what can be done to improve retention rates.
Listen to the full chat here: