It’s that time of year again – the beginning of a fresh new start, and the perfect opportunity to make some changes in our lives. But for most of us, this also means attempting (and likely failing!) to keep a New Year’s Resolution. The good news is, it doesn’t have to be that way! Here are ten simple tips to help you be successful in sticking to your New Year’s Resolution.
1. Start Small – Don’t overwhelm yourself with lofty goals and unrealistic expectations. Break your resolution down into bite-sized chunks that are easier to tackle and more achievable!
2. Make a Plan – Figure out exactly what steps you need to take and when you need to take them. This will help keep you on track and motivated.
@successmentorss This may surprise you!🙏 #successtip #success #goal #goalsetting #fyp ♬ original sound – Success Mentors
3. Set Milestones – Celebrate small successes along the way! Achieving milestones can be a great source of motivation and encouragement to continue striving towards your goal.
4. Don’t Beat Yourself Up – You’re going to have days where you slip up or fall behind. Don’t be too hard on yourself! Recognize the mistake and try to move forward without lingering on it.
5. Track Your Progress – Writing down your progress will help you stay accountable and motivated to keep going. Plus, seeing how far you’ve come can be great motivation when times get tough.
6. Reward Yourself – If you hit a milestone or complete a difficult step, give yourself a reward! It doesn’t have to be anything big – just something that will motivate you to keep going.
7. Ask for Support – Let your friends and family know what you’re trying to achieve, so they can help encourage you along the way.
8. Take Breaks – Don’t burn yourself out! Taking a break every now and then can help keep your motivation up and prevent you from getting overwhelmed or burnt out.
9. Change it Up – If your goal is starting to feel dull and uninspiring, try shaking things up a bit. Add some variety to keep it interesting and make sure you’re still having fun!
10. Don’t Give Up – This is the most important tip of all! Even if things get tough and you feel like giving up, remember why you started down this path in the first place. You can do it!
@successmentorss QUICK lesson on focus. Speaker: Danica Patrick on Impact Theory #lifeadvice #focus #lifegoals #impacttheory ♬ original sound – Success Mentors
With these tips, you can make sure that this year is the one where you’re actually able to stick to your New Year’s Resolution! Good luck!